1.21.2013

I am that girl who... {an authenticity post}


I've come across a few bloggers who have written about 'authenticness' and 'who they really are'.  So many times, I think it's easy for us bloggers to come across as perfect to our readers, but that is so far from the truth.  We have time to edit our posts before actually posting them, so we can try to sound a lot better than we really are.
The authenticity posts that I have read really inspired me to take a minute to write my own.  I am not going to edit this post at all (yes, this grammar queen does misspell and use bad grammar sometimes...).  And everything you read is completely true (cold, hard facts basically).
And especially with this beautiful, new year, I want you all to know who that girl behind 'God's Daughter' really is.

I am that girl who...
received the LORD Jesus as her Savior in 2001, was baptized in 2006, rededicated her life to Him in 2009, and hit a milestone in her spiritual walk in 2012.

I am that girl who...
lives in a large family, has strong arms because of carrying little ones around, and likes easy recipes.

I am that girl who...
loves Jesus, giving people gifts, making new friends, falling asleep to the sound of rain, getting letters and packages in the mail, riding my horse, and things that make me go 'Awww!'.

I am that girl who...
hates human injustice, heavy metal music, and legalism.

I am that girl who...
is taller than most of her peers, has long arms and legs, 'huge eyes', and reminds people of the Disney princess Jasmine, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Jaci Velasquez.

I am that girl who...
is a hopeful romantic, loves hearing every couple's love story, and hopes her man plans to have a photographer when he proposes to me.

I am that girl who...
can never stop singing.  If I'm not singing out loud, I'm either humming.  And if I'm not humming, then a song is constantly going through my head.  And I am not ashamed to sing in the shower...or anywhere for that matter.  Oh and I sing perfectly with Adam Levine and Carly Rae Jepsen.

I am that girl who...
can quote too many movies, would rather read a book than watch a movie, and is currently a bit addicted to 'Psych' and 'BBC Robin Hood' TV shows.

I am that girl who...
dislikes a lot of media's favorite actors (Leonadro DiCaprio, Tom Cruise, Charleton Heston) and loves a lot of not-well-known ones (Christopher Egan, JJ Feild, Taylor Kitsch).

I am that girl who...
is a cleanliness freak, I don't like people touching my feet (I never walk in the house barefoot), and if you bought something at Goodwill, you better wash it before putting it anywhere near me.

I am that girl who...
loves adventure, but is scared of heights and small, closed spaces.

I am that girl who...
has been to 8 states, wishes she could travel more, but at the same time, never likes being away from home for more than two weeks.

I am that girl who...
falls in love with fictional characters.  Zorro makes me happy I'm half-Hispanic, Finnick should never have died, this country needs a Captain America, and I would marry Mr. Tilney tomorrow if I could.

I am that girl who...
is super social, not afraid to speak what's on her mind, and if I don't like you, you'll know.

I am that girl who...
tries to imitate people's voices when I'm quoting them and always counts it as a Point of the Day if I get someone to laugh or smile.

I am that girl who...
some people says has a Spanish accent, loves the thought of that...and actually, loves accents in general (even though it's hard to understand a few sometimes).

I am that girl who...
thinks snow is beautiful but gets cold easily and dislikes being outside on wintery days.

I am that girl who...
is pretty loyal to Mac products, very loyal to Capital Kings and Anthem Lights, and most loyal to that man called Jesus.

I am that girl who...
is a night-owl, most imaginative and creative AFTER 10pm, and can't sleep in past 9am.

I am that girl who...
dislikes watermelon, tomato soup, red licorice, mushrooms, and Mountain Dew.

I am that girl who...
wishes she lived on a horse ranch, had her own library (and time to read to her heart's content), could become a well-known singer, and have a servant's heart.

I am that girl who...
is very organized, loves making lists, and one of the only messes she likes is when her bed is littered with her Bible, devotional books, journals, and paper.

I am that girl who...
has a good memory but somehow can't get 'exercising' onto her schedule.

I am that girl who...
is not always the daughter and sister she should be, constantly finds herself snapping out grammar corrections, and loves cuddling with her siblings.

I am that girl who...
would rather eat cookie dough than baked cookies, likes snacking on raw sweet potatoes, and has an insane obsession with frozen yogurt.

I am that girl who...
wears sunglasses on her head (when she's not wearing them to block the sun from her eyes), loves skinny jeans, and loves wearing layered shirts.

I am that girl who...
loves big purses, little rings and medium-sized earrings.

I am that girl who...
saves her movie tickets, collects scarves, and wears mostly black and purple.

I am that girl who...
wishes she could wear cowboy boots all day, rarely wears heels (she already towers over everybody

I am that girl who...
cries when she's happy, sad or frustrated, smiles at the little things in life, and laughs even when she knows someone is purposely trying to annoy her.

I am that girl who...
has her own personal pyschologist who lives in a barn and eats hay, loves late night discussions with friends about theology, and loves being challenged in her walk with God.

I am that girl who...
is confused about the hype on Dr. Who and wishes someone would explain to her just why puns are so funny.

I am that girl who...
can spend all day reading the Bible, hanging out with friends, or making yummy foods (just so long as I don't have to clean up the mess I make afterwards).

I am that girl who...
doesn't think she'll ever be the horse rider, novel writer, or perfect person that she wants to be.

I am that girl who...
has made mistakes in her past, who has been hurt and beaten down, who has failed miserably in life, but by God's grace alone has been able to forgive, rise from the ashes, and begin again.

I am that girl who...
writes on a blog called 'God's Daughter', loves comments more than you know, and hopes you liked this random facts post...


...

Other 'Authentic' Posts:
Who am I Really? // Natalie at 'I Dream in French'
My Life as a Poem // Hannah at 'I swear there's gold in those hills'
Authenticity | 2013 // AnnaKate as 'Because He Loves Me'

14 comments:

  1. it's crazy that you're watching BBC's Robin Hood.... my sister an I just finished the last season:(..... it is pretty addictive, isn't it? ;) thank you for sharing your authentic-ness :) i really do think that you are a wonderful person and for you to share a post like this just shows that.
    love, kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Raquel,
    I love this post. And I thought I would just drop in to say that since you said that you love comments. :D

    Love n Smiles,
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am the girl who loves this post. xoxo || Meena

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me so happy :) Love you, Raquel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has to have been my favorite post by you...I want to do one of my own now. Did I mention I loved it, getting to know you better and seeing a piece of your heart? Or mind. Whichever. You *do* look like Jaci Velasquez... I hate legalism. Capital Kings...I need to go listen to their album! I'm (hopefully) going to Winter Jam and want to be all caught up on most of the music being played :) My biggest 'selfish' dream is to have my own library. Where I can organize by author, genre, color or title. *sighs* I must do my own post like this :) Sierra
    Keep growing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Raquel! We have a lot in common. I appreciate people writing posts like this. I enjoy seeing a bit into their "real life" xx | Natalia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this :) Some of your facts sounded just like me--I rededicated my life to Jesus in 2009; I love getting stuff in the mail; I am really tall; I've been to one state less than you, love going to new places, yet also love staying at home; I would marry Mr. Tilney too!; and I save my movie tickets! I'm glad you made this, Raquel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed reading this post :) I had thought about doing one like this a while ago, and now I really want to do it!

    So many things on that list are so me - loyal to Anthem Lights, grammar Nazi, doesn't like red licorice and mushrooms, loves obscure actors (Richard Armitage!), and I'm sooo addicted to Robin Hood :) I'm glad to hear you're watching and liking it! I would LOVE to read Robin Hood review post from you :)

    I've been praying for you and your family!
    -mal :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for writing this post. I sometimes think that people try differently on their blogs than they do in real life. Thanks of being real. :)
    Also, I follow you on Pinterest, and your Legit Levitt board is extremely awesome.

    I'm Grace, and I Blog at Eruanna of Edoras.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post so much!!!! It's awesome to hear all the fun little details of who you are! :) ;) Love you beautiful bestie!!! Stand strong in the Lord! Hold tight to Him alone!
    -Emily
    PS: Love the last picture so much!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm... You sound very similar to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Raquel! Such a good post! I want to do one of my own! Do you mind if I 'steal' your title ('I am that girl who.. {an authenticity post}) and link this post to mine as well? Oh, and do you mind if I link your last post on boyfriends to another of my posts (http://purelyhis-bringinghimglory.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/guy-selflessness.html)? It's so good!

    Thanks!
    Cassie

    P.S. If you don't want to leave your reply on your blog, you can post a comment on mine (purelyhis-bringinghimglory.blogspot.com.au). All comments go past me before they get published.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, loved getting to know you better, dear! Love that your watching BBC Robin Hood, although I hated the ending. Let me know what you think!

    p.s. thanks bunches for the link. It means the world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So you like BBC Robin Hood, too? LOVE that show :) 2nd only to Sherlock. (and I don't understand Dr. Who hype either...)

    Very nice post :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Thank you for your comment! ♥